Do You or Someone You Know Struggle With Anxiety?
Anxiety is a natural part of life. We actually need to feel anxious during certain situations in order to keep ourselves safe. However, people with anxiety disorders often have severe and unpleasant persistent worries about everyday situations. Some anxiety disorders can be accompanied by instances of sudden and intense anxiety and/or fear which peak within a matter of minutes. These are known as panic attacks.
Symptoms of anxiety may start during childhood or adolescence and can continue into adulthood. When these unpleasant feelings get in the way of your normal everyday activities, it may be time to consult a trusted healthcare provider who is sufficiently trained to help.
"I have anxiety attacks, constant panicking on stage. My heart feels like it's going to explode because I never feel like I'm going to deliver, ever." -Adele
Common Symptoms of Anxiety
Some common signs that could indicate an Anxiety Disorder:
- Trouble concentrating or thinking about anything other than the present worry
- Having trouble sleeping
- Feeling nervous, restless or tense
- Having difficulty controlling worry
- Breathing rapidly (hyperventilation)
- Experiencing gastrointestinal (GI) problems
- Having an increased heart rate
- Having a sense of impending danger, panic or doom
- Feeling weak or tired
- Avoiding things that activate anxiety